How is it the end of September already? Nevermind I completely went AWOL here on the blog this month due to our big move away from downtown. I’m happy to still call San Diego home, but I’m realizing this city is far larger than just the hustle of downtown.
It has officially been one year since we moved from our little beach town of Ventura to San Diego and it has me with all kinds of feelings. We didn’t anticipate the challenges and hiccups we had experienced moving to a high-rise in the East Village. But, one thing remains certain: we’re always up for an adventure – even if it turns out slightly different than we planned.
September is coming to a close and with that, here are my reflections from this past month. I was originally inspired by Angela’s post over on her blog, Clutter Box, where she shares her reflections from each month. I thought it would be fun to join in and share my month’s reflections and invite others to join, too!
What did you work towards this month?
- September was chock-full of transitions from moving, to Greyson and I starting back at school (and new schools at that!), various appointments, and so on. A lot of my goals this month was all about balancing the chaos that comes with so many big transitions.
- This month, and for the remainder of the year, I’m working towards building up my/our savings. Now that I’m back to work full-time and a paycheck every two weeks (in CA most employers pay once monthly) I’m able to invest more in my savings.
Where did you spend most of your energy?
- Most of my energy this month was spent preparing new materials for my kindergarten class. I teach at a bilingual school where I provide the English instruction. It’s such a new position that comes with adapting to a new schedule, new colleagues, culture, and rhythm.
- This month also marks the full swing of the fall season over in my shop. It’s been tricky to balance moving with fulfilling orders, but I’ve managed to do it. I’m thankful for each order because those funds have helped pay moving expenses and things needed for our new home!
What’s helped you refill the well?
- I absolutely loved this month’s edition of Magnolia Journal. The theme this time was all about wholeness. I loved her note about balance and how she’s come to the conclusion that, despite popular belief, it doesn’t exists; and to chase it is a fools errand. You can read it here.
- I’ve only just gotten into Downton Abbey on Prime Video. I had friends and family obsess over this show for years, but at the time it was never really my thing. Now that I’m waiting for fall T.V. to return I needed something new to binge. Now, I’m the one obsessed!