As you can tell July got away from me. Hence this reflections post being shared in August. But, you know, whatever…
July came and went with furor as it was a month of transitions and new chapters on the precipice of starting and others closing. It was a month filled with honest reflections and conversations with those closest to me.
I am inspired by Angela’s post over on her blog, Clutter Box, where she shares her reflections from the month. I thought it would be fun to join in and share my month’s reflections and invite others to join, too!
What did you work towards this month?
- Educating myself on the back-end of blogging life like optimizing my blog for Pinterest and how to use Tailwind to schedule out my social posts. There’s always something new to learn about blogging since it’s an ever evolving platform.
- Beginning to prep for back to school but still clinging onto my summer. I’m starting at a brand new school this year and I’m equal parts excited and nervous, but I suppose that’s a good thing.
- A lot of effort in home life: potty training Grey and finding him a preschool for the fall. OMG both of those things consumed me in July.
Where did you spend most of your energy?
- Travel! My husband and I were excited for our upcoming road trip to Carmel for a friend’s wedding. We took a week and hit up a lot of our old stomping grounds and favorite places. We loved getting to visit friends along the way, too! I documented that trip here and here.
- Of course, I spent a lot of time invested in writing and preparing content for this blog. One of my most popular posts in July was this recipe for homemade fruit leather for Grey!
What’s helped you refill the well?
- Reading my newest summer book, The Goldfinch. I’m loving the story thus far and am probably more invested in Theo (the main protagonist) than I should be of a fictional character.
- A lot of TV and catching up on my favorite shows before fall TV and new seasons return. So far I’m loving: Mayans MC, Below Deck Mediterranean, Real Housewives, and finishing Big Little Lies.
- Reorganizing and purging things in our home. As we begin to make arrangements to move in September I’ve set a goal for myself to start, little by little, going through and seeing what I can get rid of or donate.
So, that’s July in a nutshell. How’d your month go?