I apologize that I’ve been pretty absent here…
It’s back to school time and as a teacher it’s a period where we often hole-up in our classrooms and work dutifully for hours and survive on caffeine and leftovers of our child’s snacks. This year is completely different for me – I am beginning a new position as a Kindergarten English teacher at a local French-American international school and I couldn’t be more excited. Although my days look very different than they used to (i.e. I have three classes I pop into during the day) and my brain is working overtime with all the French being spoken around campus, this will be a year of professional growth.
With that being said, it’s like starting my first year teaching all over again. I’m learning a whole new style of teaching, a new culture, and being responsible for 40+ kinders. But, like in our Responsive Classroom training we had this week, I’m ‘leaning into the discomfort’ of trying something new and finally finding somewhere I feel welcomed and like I belong. Who knows what the year has in store for me, but I’m looking forward to the adventure.
Should you want to follow along, feel free to pop on over to my teaching blog here!
My favorite moments from this week…
- This week I was off back to to work to prepare for back to school. The week leading up to the first day the staff has professional development trainings, info sessions, and time to work in their classrooms. I’ve been busy planning and getting a clue on how I will be teaching this year!
- Since I’ve been back to work and Grey has a week in-between from when camp ended to his first day of school, the hubs is on Daddy Duty at home. I’m, once again, super impressed of his ability to juggle so many responsibilities – ones that would have my head spinning!
They’ve spent so much time hanging out at home, going to the children’s museum downtown, the zoo, and managing to get a few errands done like taking my Mini to the dealership for maintenance. Aren’t husbands great?
- This recipe for chicken salad looks delicious!
- Have you read this article asking fitness instructors about their favorite sports bras? It’s something, as someone with a larger bust, struggles with all. the. time!
- And because I’ve been surviving on coffee this week…and excited for the launch of all the beautiful fall coffee drinks out there…here’s a post on healthier fall flavored coffees this season.
I hope you all have a moment to pop on over to Andrea’s blog for this weekly Friday Favorites link-up! This weekend I have girlfriends of mine coming to town and looking forward to spending Saturday with them at Sea World here in San Diego. It’ll be a nice reprieve from the busy-ness that the beginning of the school year can bring!
Good luck to all the mamas out there preparing for back to school or have already sent their kiddos off!