I’m clinging onto my summer and slowly realizing and coming to terms with the fact that today is the last day of it. On one end, like most teachers, I’m sad but on another I couldn’t be more excited. I’m starting a new position at a French-American bilingual school teaching Kindergarten English. It’s completely unlike anything I’ve ever done before, but am looking forward to growing within my profession as a teacher.
Any bilingual teachers out there? Any tips, tricks, or advice?
Also, cheers to all the mamas out there with kiddos already back to school! I have so many friends who have children the same age as Grey and who are heading off to pre-k or kindergarten, which can be such an emotional time. I can’t believe Grey is already off to pre-k himself, but will start after Labor Day.
My favorite moments this week…
- Enjoying the smaller moments in life like our weekly traditions of grabbing ice cream from our favorite local spot, Stella Jean’s in Hillcrest.
- Today was my first day back to school and I had so much fun meeting my new colleagues and administration. I will begin teaching English at a French bilingual school here in San Diego and I couldn’t be more excited. Today was helpful in learning more about the school and what my responsibilities are. Next week we’ll continue with our beginning of the year staff development and kick off our year after Labor Day!
- This post from La La Lisette where she introduces wool dryer balls, a non-toxic alternative to dryer sheets! I’m kind of in love!
- This week we meal planned and a favorite vegetarian dinner we’ve loved in the past is this quinoa enchilada bake recipe! It’s unbelievably filling and I love the easy recipe for making our own enchilada sauce. Paired with homemade guacamole and cilantro made it a perfect (and easy) weeknight dinner option!
- Did you catch this recipe of mine this week for Weeknight Better-for-you Tamales?? I love this tamale recipe and love, even moreso, that it makes so many you’ll have lunch/dinner for weeks!
- Custom pumpkins have been released for the fall over at the shop and I’ve loved lettering them so far! This one has been one of my favorites with the lettering, “autumn skies and pumpkin pies.”
- This week I’ve discovered one of my favorite Instagram pages to follow: @selfcareisforeveryone. I love seeing these simple reminders on my feed about being positive about ones-self and to share the love with others. My favorite this week was this one:
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Ours is made up of an introductory event on Saturday for parents with children with ADHD. Our pediatrician’s office is hosting this event and is having a guest child psychologist come to meet with parents and offer resources and parenting tips. I’m pretty excited since this is one of the first proactive steps we can take until we get an official diagnosis and prep the other end of things like behavioral therapies and/or an IEP for Grey.
Linking up with Andrea for Friday Favorites!