This week I’ve returned back to my normal routines – we got back from a week-long road trip up the coast to Carmel. I loved our chance to get away and see parts of this beautiful state we haven’t been able to see since moving to San Diego last fall. I’ll be sharing out more about our trip next week! This week also marks Greyson’s first few days at his new school for their summer camp. We’ve been struggling a lot with this transition and the other night I felt as though I just wanted to crumble under the stress and frustration. However, we’re beginning to see small changes and sometimes in parenting it’s just taking and appreciating those small moments.
Today I’m linking up with some pretty fabulous bloggers and sharing out my favorite moments from this week!
My favorites from this week…
- This post was something I really needed to read this week as the husband and I are navigating some pretty terrible tantrums. The biggest takeaway for me was her advice on not “getting caught in the power struggle.” So many helpful reminders during this really tough stage.
- As a part of taking on this new teaching position, the staff has a required homework as professional development to watch the documentary Brainious. I am absolutely blown away by the amount I’ve learned about behaviors in young children from a scientific standpoint. It’s been such an influence for both myself as a teacher and as a parent!
- Comic Con is in town this weekend and as our first year in San Diego it’s been fun to people-watch!
- My little post sharing part one of our trip up the CA coast last week!
- Since returning from our road trip the shop is back from vacation and is beginning to take orders for gift bags and other lettering goodies! Be sure to check us out if you have any events coming up!
- Obsessed with THE cutest toy shop while visiting in Solvang. ONEder Child has the best curation of toys and books from all over the world. They have an online store, too, in case you can’t make it in to their newest Solvang location!
- Kicking it and staying committed to my goals of:
- 2-3x a week cycling class with THE best studio in town.
- Reading my summer book, The Goldfinch. I obsessively read it all during our road trip and I’m excited to see what happens in Theo’s life next. Such a page turner!
- This post I wrote over on my teaching blog all about embracing change in this upcoming school year.
- And this recipe from Mom Secrets that is Keto-friendly and a dish I’ve been making off and on for weeks now. I love the creaminess of the sauce mixed with the fresh mushrooms. I’ve cooked it both as the recipe describes with chicken thighs and just last night I made it again but instead tried it with spicy Italian seasoned ground chicken. Just as good with the same kind of protein. I did throw it together with spaghetti (not Keto-friendly) this time around but it was great after one of my spin classes!
- Lastly, slightly obsessing over Beautycounter’s newest launch of Countertime! It’s brand new and the first safe anti-aging regimen. I could go on forever about this new line as well as the clean beauty products Beautycounter is known for. Let me know if you want to chat!