This week we all celebrated a new year – an evening that had both Greyson and the husband asleep before midnight. As I sat there in bed, writing and seeing the occasional celebratory post from friends and family on social media, I got to thinking about what this year will hold for us.
Last year wasn’t terrible, but it can definitely be summed up as a year of growth, change, and circumstances that would test us. However, in that same breath, it was also a year, that because of those things, it forced us outside of our comfort zone, it required us to alter our route, and continues to teach us valuable lessons as both individuals and as parents. So, looking back I wouldn’t change a thing – and it’s because we needed 2019 to prepare us for the now and for 2020 ahead.
Here’s a look at my week and my favorite moments that filled it!
Goals in 2020.
- The hubs and I are both really excited about the plan we have for paying off our debt and how that will enable us to save more. For once it really seems achievable! We’re sticking to a little of Dave Ramsay’s envelope system and method of coordinating our income to make certain payments. So far it’s been really easy to stick to our plan and with the excitement around it all makes it an easy goal to work towards.
- To kickoff 2020 I’m also doing a little detox from our holiday indulgence. It’s nothing terribly exciting or even revolutionary, but it’s been working! I’ve begun making a super-food shake each morning for breakfast and in doing so it’s helped me feel full. I add a scoop of Vega’s All-in-One powder, which is a plant-based powder full of nutrients, along with milk and frozen fruit we picked up from Sprouts. This week alone, it’s helped me feel energized, eat proportionally, and less bloated. Fingers crossed that translates to weight loss, cause that would be great.
By picking two (major) goals for the year it allows me to focus most of my energy into those very things. Most people quit their resolutions before the end of January because of feeling overwhelmed or the excitement around those goals begin to fade…so…
If you could pick just 1-2 goals to work towards this year what would it be?
A little treat yo self.
- This cold weather we’re having for a Southern California winter is doing a number on my skin. Thankfully, I’m stocked full of this Adaptive Moisture Lotion from Beautycounter! I swear by their line of beauty and skincare products.
- That Booty Tho scrub from Anese! I’m completely obsessed with this scrub – since using it for the last couple of weeks I’ve begun to see a difference in my skin.
- The hubs and I both are obsessed with our new slippers from Costco. I’d gifted him another brand of slippers but we weren’t that excited about them. So, we shipped them back and got these instead! Needless to say, we live in them.
- I can’t wait to share this recipe for a vegan butternut squash wellington on the blog! The original recipe is from one of my favorite food blogs, Well Vegan, which always has a ton of recipes to choose from when meal planning. My version is slightly different but nonetheless delicious!
- As a means to detox from the holidays and a week full of indulgence, we’re sticking to vegan/keto meals for the week and a couple of my favorites (in addition to the wellington mentioned above) are:
- For breakfast, a tried and true recipe I’ve used for years has been this vegan banana bread! It’s so easy to make, it’s packed with nutrition, and is a great on-the-go snack for both adults and kids!
…aaaaannd for all of my fellow teachers out there. This meme is everything right now…